Tuesday 6 January 2015

Release me... {#ImmortalChroniclesOfAMortalWorld_5}

I can see the flame burning in your eyes
I’ve watched them watching you
I’ve noticed them wary, I’ve seen the need
You can look away. I let you go.
Go find what you seek and don’t look back
For when those eyes glimpse me
It burns, I break, I’m lost, I’m gone
I’m not what you’re looking for.
I see you seeking a distant cloud
Upon a distant land, a land forbidden
Go ahead, don’t look back now,
Please, just leave, and let me heal.
There’s nothing that’s left any longer
No further depth to fall
A slip and it’ll all be gone
Nothing left to be mourned.
I may fade into non-existence
I may just lay there still
Or I may, impossibly may,
Find the will to climb again
Find that will again to try
Find that determined foothold and leap
Into the untouched sky
I may fly...

Truly, may I?

No comments:

Post a Comment